Monday, December 04, 2006



I'm calling it "hybrid perspectives" for now. It's part of my Anglo-Indian series that i've been developing for school this semester. The premise behind this work is to try and create a mythology based on my Anglo-Indian family history.
For thoses confused, an Anglo-Indian is India's equivilant to the Metis in Canada. We are a community of people derived from European and Indian roots. We are officially recognized as a distinct ethnic group in the Indian Constitution. This work aims at creating a visual language that can portray aspects of Anglo-Indians identity. Hopefully it can also touch on personal, familial, or social issues of hybrid or mestizo peoples... We'll have to see how it evolves throughout the year. Who knows I may change it around completey in a few months. I'm still hammering out these ideas....

below: a telegraph rangoli, and banyan grove


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home