Thursday, December 14, 2006



a painting i did as a final project for my Indigenous studies 371 class. each of these four people represent different areas in which Aboriginal people are revitalizing their cultures and ways of learning. left to right: Margerat Cook (Namgis Kwak'Waka Wakw) linguistics, George Littlechild (Northern Cree) artist, Lorna Williams (Lil'wat) educator, Richard Oakes (Mohawk Akwasasne) activist. The women on the far left was known to me as Ada or in Kwak'wala "mother". She was the first grandmother figure in my life as a small child. She also helped revitalize the Kwak'wala language in Alert bay (Namgis territory).
It's not my best work, or should i say i'm not completly satisfied with it. But it has grown on me over the last couple of weeks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home