Saturday, January 13, 2007


In my spare time i've been working on a canadiana mix of music and images for my cousins in Belgium. what started as a quick mix cd has grown in a multiple disc project. It's been hard to try to emcompass everything. I've got some obvious classic slash stereotypical canadiana that needs to be added like Stompin Tom Connors, Neil Young, Guess Who, Joni Mitchell, Ashley MacIsaac, Gordon Lightfoot, The Hip, Spirit of the West... that sort of stuff. But i've also got Of Montreal, The Unicorns, all fragments of the Broken Social Scene, Hayden, Constantines, and some hip hop. I'm having issues with bluegrass and country, just because i don't really know it well. Of course my bias towards certain genres or particular artists does come into play. Sorry no Jann Arden or Rush has made the mix, although i'm teasing the idea of adding "tom sawyer" just for fun. I'm trying to be as fair as possible. I want some french language inclusions even though i don't understand more than a few words of french. Also added are some audio clips of Canadians like Russell Peters, William Shatner. I'd like short audio clips from degrassi high, Coaches Corner, Kids in the Hall, David Suziki, SCTV, etc, but i've found it difficult with my limited patience for the internet. If you guys have any or find any, send it my way please via: canadiandrifter@hotmail.com.....
In my search i've been suprised by a few artists i didn't realize were canadian. The Band has a mix of canadian arrtists, The Stampeders (although the name seems so obviously Albertan now that i know. In case you don't recognize the name they did "sweet city woman"). I didn't know Rufus Wainwrigt had a tinge of canadian in him (but maybe you all knew).... Anyways i'm rambling about a subject only Kingsley and I are interested in. so i'll shut up now and go do some real work like my fun Geography assignment... fun....

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ Renton said...

This posts starts off:
"In my spare time..."

In your spare time! When do you ever have spare time?!? You are a funny one Anton.

Wed Jan 24, 02:04:00 p.m. PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should throw some great bands like Arcade Fire, The Dears, and The Weakerthans into the mix.

Nice meeting you at Rich's wedding in Victoria.

- http://Adam.Kahtava.com

Mon May 14, 03:24:00 p.m. PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home